Massachusetts State House - Jean Stringham, Lasell Village
LEGISLATION, ADVOCACY, AND EDUCATION
1. How to Contact Your Massachusetts State Legislators
Click/tap here for a list of legislators for MLCRA Communities.
Click/tap on the link following to find the name and contact information for your State Senator and your State Representative https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator.
2. The Joint Committee on Elder Affairs of the Massachusetts Legislature.
The Committee considers legislative issues concerning seniors. Click/tap here to see the Committee membership and other information.
3. The Joint Committee on Health Care Financing of the Massachusetts Legislature. The Committee considers issues concerning direct funding of health care programs and fiscal matters relating to health care policy. Click/tap here to see the Committee membership and other information.
4. Massachusetts CCRC Residents’ Rights Law.
This law gives Continuing Care Retirement Community residents the right to establish a Residents Association and to receive information about the organization, operation and finances of their communities. Click/tap here for further information and for the text of the law.
5. Pending Bills Supported by MLCRA
MLCRA is supporting two bills:
One bill would require management to give prospective residents a document that clearly explains the entrance fee refund policy.
The second bill would allow some basic health care services to be provided in Assisted Living residences. Massachusetts law does not currently permit Assisted Living facilities to provide medical services.
Click/tap here for more information and for links to the texts of the bills.
MLCRA has submitted testimony to the Joint Committee on Elder affairs for both of these bills: